Addicted to Everything’s Healthy Ice-Cream with just two ingredients! YAY
Yes, you heard right, healthy ice-cream! Finally a really healthy dessert option, there is a god! Simple, easy and tasty!
All you need is…
2 Ingredients, 4 simple steps. No mess, no fuss.
- Fruit, nuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips or whatever flavour that tickles your fancy.
Warning: This is not one of those, oh try this healthy snack, its amazing posts only to discover it tastes like cardboard… This ice-cream does taste like the real thing and its even more refreshing like a sorbet.
Now, I know you’re thinking, Banana doesn’t make ice-cream but it does.
- Slice up two bananas, throw them into your blender (this will create enough for two to three scoops of ice-cream)
- Add any of the above ingredients e.g. strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, almonds, peanuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips/shavings or Kale if you like it.
- Throw your sliced bananas and optional ingredient into a blender until its smooth and creamy. Then put it in the freezer for an hour or two depending on freezer temperatures and the amount you are making.
- Keep an eye on it. Scoop it out with an ice-cream scoop and enjoy!
It’s even more satisfying knowing you’re not indulging in in an unhealthy tub of ice-cream but one that has the same kick as regular ice-cream.
I personally tested this out for the first time a couple of months ago when my best friend was home visiting from the U.A.E. I was sceptical but pleasantly surprised.
I used banana with raspberries! It was so nice, we licked the bowls clean and could not believe how tasty it was as a substitute to the real thing. I actually prefer it to real ice-cream over buying a tub of real ice-cream.
So, there you go, have fun and enjoy your guilt-free healthy dessert!
For the most up to date posts from Addicted to Everything click the logo.
Image credit: www.yorvale.co.uk