25 Most Memorable Steve Jobs Quotes – Founder of Apple
“My favourite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs was one of the most innovating human beings this century has seen. But unfortunately Steve lost his struggle with cancer on October 5, 2011. The death of Steve Jobs was not only a great loss to the world but a great loss to technology. His accomplishments will live on throughout history and his products will stand the test of time.
Although, he did live a relatively short life dying at just 55 years of age he accomplished so much more than any person could wish or be able to accomplish in they lived to be 100. He is best known for his creativity, innovation, drive and serious ambition.
He made his mark in the shape of an Apple, a simple logo that became iconic worldwide and a brand everyone recognises whether you own an Apple product or not. The Apple Inc logo is supposedly never more than a meter away from you. I just made that up, but I reckon it wouldn’t be too far from the truth.
Steve Jobs let nothing hold him back and hopefully after reading these quotes, you won’t either!
25 Most Memorable Steve Jobs Quotes – Founder of Apple
1. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
2. “My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each others’ negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.”
3. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
4. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.”
5. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
6. “If you keep your eye on the profit, you’re going to skimp on the product. But if you focus on making really great products, then the profits will follow.”
7. “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
8. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.”
9. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
10. “When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: ‘If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.’ It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘no’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
11. “Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right.”
12. “Bottom line is, I didn’t return to Apple to make a fortune. I’ve been very lucky in my life and already have one. When I was 25, my net worth was $100 million or so. I decided then that I wasn’t going to let it ruin my life. There’s no way you could ever spend it all, and I don’t view wealth as something that validates my intelligence.”
13. “Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
14. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
15. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful … that’s what matters to me.”
16. “Getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”
17. “You’ve baked a really lovely cake, but then you’ve used dog shit for frosting.”
18. “If you don’t love something, you’re not going to go the extra mile, work the extra weekend, challenge the status quo as much.”
19. “When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.”
20. “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.”
21. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money.It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time”
22. “Here’s to the crazy ones — the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
23. “Let’s go invent tomorrow instead of worrying about what happened yesterday.”
24. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.”
25. “I want to put a ding in the universe.”
He certainly did!
If you’re yet to see the movie its a great watch. He was such an amazing character and genius who will most definitely go down in history as one of the biggest innovators of our time!
Credits: http://www.fastcocreate.com/3026611/image-of-the-day/see-a-steve-jobs-portrait-made-entirely-from-computer-guts Artist Jason Mecier – Amazing portrait made from computer parts and Apple Icons!
Graphic by Hazel Breen